The International Trademark Association, (INTA), is bringing their annual European conference to Madrid this year – perfectly fitting since sports is the focus. The conference titled Brands, Sports, and Esports: A Brand (R)evolution is being held next week, February 17-18, 2020 in Madrid, Spain.
World Trademark Review (WTR), a bi-monthly global magazine focusing on trademark related news, has released the 2020 edition of The World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals. Marksmen, a world leader in brand protection, was once again voted as “highly recommended,” and listed in the top position in the Online Brand Enforcement category. Marksmen also held that position last year in 2019, the first year the guide was issued.
Ahhh, Valentine’s Day. The day for couples, candy, and cava. But, I bet you’ve never taken time to think about the historical patents and trademarks behind some of your favorite Valentine’s Day gifts. As dedicated IP sleuths, we have! Caring is sharing, so below we have compiled some interesting tid-bits on the trifecta of Valentines gifts, flowers, candy and champagne!
There are many reasons why people trust Marksmen for domain name acquisitions, as well as social media, trademark, and other IP acquisitions. These are the top 5:
1. We are experts in the execution of domain acquisitions and domain name transfers, and handle the exchange of properties and funds every step of the way.
2. We have national and international contacts in legal fields, at registries, registrars, and with various other related vendor services. These contacts help facilitate many of the required processes and afford us discounted services or sale prices on domain names.
3. Should a seller be difficult to locate or if we need to learn more about who they are, we have the Marksmen IP Investigations team at our disposal, backed by experienced investigators and managed by licensed Private Investigators with access to proprietary databases and other resources.
4. Marksmen is a well-known player within the IP industry, and our name and reputation gets our foot in the door in many places where others would have difficulties. Many of our clients find that the most difficult aspect of acquiring a property from a third party can be simply starting that initial conversation. At Marksmen, we have already had the conversation and can quickly get down to business to achieve your goals.
5. We never take a commission on any domain name acquisition, sale, or transfer of any IP. Ever.
A new year means new cases to watch and trends to follow in the world of IP law and brand protection. In 2019, we had SuperMac’s trademark battle and TikTok exploded on to the social media scene. Now, what will 2020 hold for the world of brand protection? Here are a few of our favorite IP trends we predict will become even bigger IP news stories in the new year.
World Trademark Review (WTR), a bi-monthly global magazine focusing on trademark related news, has released the 2019 edition of The World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals. Marksmen, a world leader in brand protection, was voted as “highly recommended,” and listed in the top position in the Online Brand Enforcement category.
Marksmen’s Jackie McMahon, Director of Client Relations, will be attending The International Trademark Association (INTA)’s Business of Brands Conference, being held March 28th and 29th in New York City. The 2019 March Conference will look beyond trademarks and instead center on the future of brands from a business point of view. Currently, more than 300 people are registered to attend.